For information on the social, economic and health impacts of wind turbines, we invite you to consult the studies below.
To view the published study, click here.
Vyn and McCullough (2014), “The Effects of wind turbines on property values in Ontario: Does public perception match empirical evidence,” Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 62:3, pp. 365-392.
Hoen, Ben, et al., (2013), "A Spatial Hedonic Analysis of the Effects of Wind Energy Facilities on Surrounding Property Values in the United States," Ernest Orlando Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
Hydro Rates in Ontario
- Ontario Long Term Energy Plan
- Ontario Planning Outlook: A technical report on the electricity system prepared by the IESO
- Renewable Energy Approvals
Other Useful Links
Climate Change in the News
- Global average temperature since 1850
- 7th monthly heat record in row smashed amid Bonn climate meeting, CBC, May 16, 2016
- Earth broke dozens of climate records last year, annual 'checkup' shows, CBC, August 2, 2016
Facing the Change: 50% of Lennox Island, P.E.I., could be underwater in 50 years, CBC, September 11, 2016